Release Progress: 0.7.0This page is for tracking 0.7.0 from planning through to release
If you're looking for the current release
, please go to the Get Kamaelia
page since it always links to the current version
Draft Release Notes
- SuSE packaging for Axon & Kamaelia in done
- Repackaging for a new release seems relatively simple
- grab the SRPM, do a rpmbuild -bp specfile
- copy the new tar ball into the SOURCES directory
- edit the specfile to update it to point at the new tarball, and update the change log
- Then rebuild the binary rpm using rpmbuild -bb specfile
- Test it, by installing the new binary file
- Assuming you're happy with the results, build a source RPM as well using: rpmbuild -bs specfile
- Upload, announce, be happy.
- Tell the nice people at suse that you've done this :-)
- DVB_Multiplex component changed to support multiple adapters (ie not just adapter0)
- DVB/Core.py, DVB/Tuner.py changed to automatically pick up which DVB tuning class. Now supports DVB-C (in holland) as well.
- python_dvb3 bindings updates to 0.0.5 - added in a support function.
- Extended Kamaelia.Util.Console.ConsoleReader to have clean shutdown
- Tyson's File Append component:
- Merged onto branch private_MPS_FileAppender
- Cleaned up, documentation added, extended slightly
- Implemented better graphline shutdown on branch private_MPS_ImprovedGraphlineShutdown:
- It extended Graphline slightly such that, when a message is received on the Graphline's "control" inbox, that the message is copied to all subcomponents' "control" inbox, as long as they don't already have anything linking there already.
- If a shutdown message is sent to the graphline, the graphline will now terminate normally, after having passed on that message to subcomponents.
- Example of usage here: DemoShutdown.py
- Also now has a decent test suite.
- Worth investigating how to extract and generalise the general test pattern from this.
Work in progress - Bumped to 0.8.12Note: "if not done by"
is a means of timing out ownership of an item. It makes no judgement other than that.
- Awaiting review/merge
- Reclaimed by Michael 2/11/08. If not merged by 5/11/08, becomes unclaimed again.
Bumped to 0.8.12
Current outline plans discussed:
- Merged of Chong's Google Summer of code project - 3D visualisation work (since this is something I actually need sooner rather than later)
- Flesh out http://www.kamaelia.org/Presentations somewhat...
- Packaging up of the whiteboard (pdf) as a standalone app
- Packaging up of the batch file processor (image/video transcoder) as a standalone app (or better packaging than this)
- A mirror of the Ben's Kamaelia AWS code into Kamaelia.Apps.AWS, if it's at a stage where it's ready. (aside from reviews etc)
of Jason's google summer of code on on extensions/improvements to the
HTTP server code, including a better example of the seaside like
functionality. (I think Kamaelia Publish itself should probably wait until 0.8.12 or 0.9.X) Probably after it gets a clearer name.
- Perhaps initial work on integration of the STM code into the CAT. (The what? The STM and CAT tools were discussed at pycon uk) Though I suspect this will get started now, and merged in 0.8.12
- 2.6 cleanups (probably based on hinting from 2to3), and work started on a 3.0 autoconversion/build system.
stuff I'd like to see includes : work started on rationalising
Kamaelia.File, Full review and merge of UDP_ng code in place of current
UDP code, basic "connected" UDP server support (perhaps) (ie such that
it can be used as a drop in replacement for TCPServer in ServerCore)
Freeze Target: 2008/11/23
Release Target: w/e 2008/11/30