New Ideas ?
Specutaltive new are always interesting, and would probably start out as sketches for
things which could be useful. Componentising certain sorts of things
can be a very useful endevour since they can then be reused with all
the other components. Kamaelia's architecture was itself once a speculative new idea - it's panned out really quite well, so where would like to see things go next ?
It's probably worth pulling out ideas from the GSOC pages into here.
Starter for 10: How could these be intergrated?
- Inference engine integration & componentisation : http://pyclips.sourceforge.net/web/ - PyCLIPS is an extension module for the Python language that embeds full CLIPS functionality in Python applications. This means that you can provide Python with a strong, reliable, widely used and well documented inference engine.
- Neural network systems integration : http://leenissen.dk/fann/ - Fast Artificial Neural Network Library is a free open source neural network library, which implements multilayer
artificial neural networks in C with support for both fully connected
and sparsely connected networks. (python bindings)
- Common sense engine/systems : eg ConceptNet - ConceptNet
is a freely available commonsense knowledgebase and natural-language-processing
toolkit which supports many practical textual-reasoning tasks over
real-world documents right out-of-the-box (without additional statistical
training) including topic-jisting, affect-sensing, analogy-making, text summarization, contextual expansion, causal projection, cold document classification. (part of MIT's common sense project)
- Axon 2.0 :
- Make microprocesses and components mixinable. This way, you can mix and match functionality when implementing pieces of a Kamaelia/Axon system. Mail thread
- Implement sub-graphlines (better name needed!) as a way to make creating and linking subcomponents less tedious and more human readable. Mail thread
- etc :)
- (add more!)