Kamaelia Publish Open Issues
This page is intended to be a big "todo" list for Kamaelia Publish. It may or may not a lot of items that I would like to get done but may not have time for. So this page shouldn't be construed as being a part of my GSoC work (but some of it will be).
The software still needs much more testing, so this really only represents a list of known bugs:
- When the gateway logs in, sometimes it receives messages indicating which users are online, sometimes it doesn't. The gateway should check a user's online status with the server before assuming they are offline.
Make static content able to be served.
- Static content is now served by the gateway. The peer is capable of serving such files, but such would be REALLY slow and somewhat more complicated.
- Add the capability to look up registered and possibly logged in users in a database.
- Partially completed: Registered users and whether they are logged in or not can be stored in a SQLite database.
- sub-issue: Get the gateway able to use more different kinds of databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- sub-issue: Having to look up whether or not a user is online EVERY time will probably affect performance. Some kind of caching system should be in place.
- Add the capability to send data between the Gateway and serving peer directly. This can be done by either doing an XMPP file transfer or possibly bypassing XMPP altogether.
- Look into getting the Peer to work on Python 2.2. Being able to run a webserver on Symbian would be Pretty Damn Cool (tm).
- This is definitely a "would be nifty" idea. I have no idea if this is even feasible or how much work would be involved in this.